Wednesday, July 27, 2011

There's nothing like waiting until the last minute....

If you've been to the MoHo Hoedown before, you are no doubt in constant amazement of the wonderful landscaping of our property. Especially the stairway which leads to the lower lawn...

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but this is what it usually looks like about an hour before everyone shows up....


This year, however, we are trying to be a little more prepared, so with the heat wave passed, I was able to get out and get some yard work done in anticipation of the BBQ.

I cleaned up the stairs.




We also had three of these crazy/prickly/dangerous plants growing in the lawn.





















I removed them with a rake and my cutters and dumped them on the other side of the road that runs behind the house. Out of sight, out of mind!




I was also able to cut some of the low/dead branches from the pine trees, lest any branches fall off and knock out some unsuspecting barbequers.



I'd like to give a shout out to Laura's dad for giving us a telescoping tree saw. He also taught me that the safest way to cut branches is from the top of an unsteady ladder.


What better way to end a day of yard work than a dip in the pond with the dogs!


Stay tuned for "The One Where They Build A Dam, Part 2"....

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Laura was there taking pictures, you never can be to careful standing at the top of that ladder. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you could swim in your pond. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete