Thursday, July 14, 2011

This isn't Barbecue music....

That's a phrase I've been hearing a lot lately.




















Here's a snapshot of some of the tunes you'll be hearing at the BBQ. At the bottom you'll notice we've pared it down to 16.2 hours. We started at around 20 hours of music, but not every song out there is BBQ worthy. Hence the phrase "This isn't Barbecue music....".

Anywho, you can expect a lot of late sixties/early seventies bands as this is one of my favorite music eras. We also have lots of great chillwave/indy rock bands like Grizzly Bear, Vampire Weekend, Arcade Fire and Animal Collective. What! You've never heard of Animal Collective...


That was them on Dave Letterman... great, huh? Also, we will be looking for volunteers to dance under sheets during the karaoke portion of the BBQ.

I also want to give a big shout out to Brian from the Intoxicators (what, you've never heard of the Intoxicators?!? Geesh, where have you guys been?).


How can you not love a band with a song titled "Homemade Septic Tank"? Anyway, Brian sent me a great mix cd with a bunch of great BBQ songs that I never would have found on my own.

If you've got any summertime/bbq favorites let me know and I'll see if they fit in the mix. I can't make any guarantees. You'll never know if your song will warrant a "This isn't Barbecue music...."

4 comments:

  1. Wow "homemade septic tank" that is a great title.

    I think whatever you play people will find something they like. :) Plus its always fun to listen to music you might never of heard of before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want O Positive to play the MoHo Hoedown!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, no.
    That's not "barbecue music"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Sweet Tea" by The Woggles
    "Green Onions" by Booker T & The MG's
    "Garlic Bread" by Gary & Larry
    "Yummy Yummy Yummy" by Julie London
    and every version of "Louie Louie" ever recorded ;)
    Thanks for the "Homemade Septic Tank" plug...

    Cheers!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete